The Overzombie


Me, Myself, and Her (Episode-III)


'The Overzombie'


"Are you ready now?" She gently asked.
"I guess," I replied with hesitance.

"Let's speak about a different topic to lighten up the mood," she burst, "just to take a break you know", her face was flashing with excitement, "Tell me a funny thought!"
"A funny thought?"

"Yes! Don't you have a funny thought?"
"hmmm..." I acted as if I was reminiscing, but I knew exactly what I was planning to recount.

"Come on!" She was enjoying this, I believe.
"Ok ok .. chill", I responded with an alluded smile, "It might sound cliche, though I am sure it's different from what you might expect. I fantasize about a zombie apocalypse." I spotted her holding a giggle, and thus I urged her to do. O how I love her laugh. "The difference is that I am not a non-infected surviving human. No. I am rather a zombie." 

She stopped smiling in perplexity.
"You know that I exercise so often, right? I like to imagine that I am training to become a really strong and fast zombie. Movies tend to picture zombies as slow and stupid. But think about it for a bit. How would humans be without anxiety? how would a person's energy become without questioning their purpose? without wondering about their existence pain? without all those emotions? That person would be a superman! Focused and determined as hell. No. Focused and determined as a zombie! In those movies, have you ever witnessed a zombie wasting a second to decide? Have you ever seen a zombie procrastinating? Have you ever heard of a zombie-suicide? They are always all energetic and full of purpose. In my fantasy, I will be one of those. Not one of those weak ass humans who keep running in fear and pathetically seeking a safe shelter. I am sincerely glad that statistically speaking, both of us would most probably end up to be on the zombie side."

"Wow!" 
"Wait, there is more. I will learn how to shoot, as in using guns. In my fantasy, I am the first zombie who picked up a gun and fired back at those bastards. I would be the leader of zombies; smart, intellectual, strong, fast, weapon-experienced: The complete zombie. I would kill so many humans and I would feel nothing. I would not get bored or more ambitious or seek a change of career. I would have none of this people crap. I would keep going to kill the one-thousand-and-oneth same as I killed the first thousand. I would lead the infection to perfection: The end of human race."

"Uhh I am not sure how I should react." She maintained same level of perplexity.
"You don't have to." I responded politely. Which surprised me.

"Why do you hate people that much?" she wondered genuinely.
"Because Nietzsche was right on the money when he wrote that one's highest thought should be that Man is something that is to be surpassed!"

"Surpassed to what?" her tone changed to sarcastic.
"Someone like you would never understand. Nevertheless, you shall have it commanded to you by me." I responded with a presumptuous smile.

"And who are you?" I could recognize her mockery turning to discontent.
"The complete zombie." I smiled apologetically this time.

She nodded in an ongoing uneasiness.
"Later?" I asked.

She nodded again.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her, Herself, and I

The Life Tunnel

Ether – A Short Story