My Happy Place




- What’s usually on your mind? Apart from the common existential crisis lol

- Similar to any average human being, I fantasize about my happy place. It’s always a farm, but not green, I see a yellow domination instead. And it’s dated back in time, not in the 21st century, not even close. Probably it’s before the establishment of civilization and definitely before capitalism or state. Did we speak back then? it’s of little importance anyway. Some speech wouldn’t cause any harm, no writings nevertheless. That’s out of question. It’s after the invention of agriculture, one does not want to be hungry in fantasies. I see myself working hard and drenched in sweat. The weather is so hot, but I couldn’t care less. Then I look at my stinky wife or woman or whatever, we didn’t have any social conventions back then. She was working on the other corner of the field. Next, I smile at her, an ignorant idiotic smile. With only void in my mind; no education, no job stress, no future career decisions, no car installments, no debts or loans, no responsibilities, no overthinking, nothing! I -for once- genuinely smile. She smiles back.


- Aww. That’s beautiful.


- My fantasy does not stop there. I hear some distant noise. The heat impedes my vision. However, I was able to see men on their horses. They are yelling or chanting, they are producing a hell of a scary noise. I feel frightened, I am mammal-characteristically afraid of the unknown. They take my woman and run away. They do not approach me, they do not attack me, they do not ruin my corps. They leave me alone with life supply of food. I stay there isolated and sad. I am alone and terrified of the idea of them coming back. I do not understand, I do not know how to think, but I am anxious. I live my whole life afraid. I am too mindfully-immature and uneducated to overcome my life instinct and kill myself. I merely exist in my misery till the final moment comes.


- Uhhhh

- That’s my happy place. 


 
(C) Photo: FineArtAmerica.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her, Herself, and I

Ether – A Short Story

The Life Tunnel